The Volunteer Center is located on the first floor of Building A in Suite A-070.
Volunteerism is one of our greatest sources of pride at Medical City. Volunteers at Medical City Dallas and Medical City Children’s Hospital serve in more than 50 areas of the hospital, offering special services to patients and families, such as mail and flower delivery.
Medical City Dallas volunteers assist in achieving the hospital's mission and vision by providing comfort services and support to the patients, families, visitors and staff. They also interact with the community to positively promote volunteerism in connection with the objectives of Medical City Dallas.
- Medical City Dallas’ volunteer program was established in 1974.
- Total Volunteers (2015): 317, including five canine volunteers
- Total Service Hours (2015): 47,000+ hours
For more information, contact Volunteer Services at (972) 566-7066 or email email@example.com.
Many Different Groups Choose to Volunteer at Medical City Dallas
- Junior Volunteers (high school, ages 16 & 17) ( Junior volunteers must commit to a minimum of 4 hours per week.)
- Senior Volunteers (college, undergrad/graduate students)
- Adult Volunteers (ages 18 and older)
- Retired Volunteers
- Community Volunteers (individual/organization who provide service externally)
High School and College Volunteer Programs
The minimum age to volunteer is 16-years-old at the time the application is submitted.
Shifts are Monday through Friday (9 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.) and may vary depending on assignment.
All student volunteers are scheduled one semester at a time;
- Spring Semester: Jan. 16 – May 31
- Summer Semester: Jun. 1 – Aug. 30
- Fall/Winter Semester: Sept. 1 – Jan. 15
Submit applications 30 days prior to the start date of the semester.
Shifts are Monday through Friday (9 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.) an may vary depending on assignment.
Junior and Senior Volunteers
- Scheduled one semester at a time (Spring, Summer, Fall/Winter).
- MUST commit to one 4-hour shift per week, every week for the entire semester.
- Only one absence per semester is allowed.
- Requests for confirmation of service hours must be submitted to the volunteer office at the beginning of the semester that the student provides service.
- Scheduled one calendar year at a time.
- MUST commit to one 4-hour shift per week, every week.
- Consistent attendance is required.
Guest & Volunteer Services Leadership
Department Leadership Team
- 1 Manager
- 1 Volunteer Patient Promise Ambassador
- 7 Volunteer Day Captains
- 9 Volunteer Supervisors
12 monthly department meetings per year
- 1-1/2 hours in duration
- Parking reimbursement provided